Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Alas my love

Alone I wait in darkness and hate.
My eyes are red with tears and my heart is pumping for all it can take.
Alone I lay here and silently I wait.
I do not know why I wait when I know there is no one to come.
Alas, my world is a lonely one.
I have no one cool my hate
Nor no one to sit by and warm me whilst I wait.
The thoughts of loneliness bid me to lose control,
And a waterfall of tears stink my face,
Hot with passion hot with hate.
Knock, knock!
Alas what strangers come to me at such hour?
Knock, knock!
Who bother me in my remorseful slumber?
Knock, knock!
What specter hath called for me so earnestly?
Raising up from my bed,
Feeling the cool spring air against the fine silk of my bed clothes,
Seeing the large moon through my open window,
Fearing what feign hath called for me tonight.
Opening the door so that not more than a church mouse might enter,
I look out upon the pale complexion of a face long lost.
With gasp of breath and swift movement
I did take up into my arms that
Which I had missed.
For it was a feign that tapped my door!
Such delicate hands made not for work
But for music did rap upon the oak of my door.
My Lady what bringest thou to me after all this time?
What darkness did you ride with?
I bid thee come, tell me, and warm thy self in my chambers.
This tall Lady’s figure moved swiftly in my arms to a chair beside my window.
Her figure, that much smaller than before,
Was hid beneath the heavy velvet of a cloak.
“I have come to you, for want of a friend.”
Her voice was that of an angel
And her word were those that,
Mine own thoughts could echo.
I have but wanted thy friendship again for some time…
I allowed my mind to think back to last word of this Lady.
With all the problems of the world,
Such fair Lady hath been victim to far too many.
When those who could help refused her
The mortality of her was questioned.
I was but too far off to help and knew not how to find her.
I fill my dreams with horrors of what might have become of this angel
And filled my mind with hate when I was but too weak to find her.
Back to the room I was sent as the Lady doth blessed me with sight of her face.
The strong features that one could never forget
Were tired and sick in this moonlight.
Her eyes but seems still hidden in shadows for lack of sleep.
Blast thee Moon for giving way to such falseness!
For neither Death’s cold touch
Nor Moon’s earthy glow
Could obscure such God given beauty.
But, alas, there be no lies here.
My Lady what horrors have you known?
Her newly small frame but was consumed
For the vastness of the chair.
“Only those of the forgotten nature.
I am but left for lunatic.
I have run away from those who would me.
For no Asylum shall ever encapture mine own thoughts
Or feelings…
Yet it does seem I am without kind word
Nor kind shoulder to save me”
She with all her strength did stand before the open air
Long locks of Auburn did blow like silk in the breeze.
Her laces where all but to tight for my eyes to bare,
Yet no bother did she feel for it was yet comfortably fitting.
“I hath heard you dwell upon this hill alone.
Why?”
I dwell amongst all this alone to hide from word
Of your downfall…
I did purchase this manor so that the owners of the lunatics would not.
Such ancient beauty shall not make home
For the misfortunes of those who cannot,
Or have been made to not,
Care for their own decisions.
I will care for the kind and the needy
Yet, as you see, I am but still alone.
I could almost feel my want to yell at her.
Not of angry but of want and longing.
I had but missed how close we were.
“Is there no need or kindness in the world?
I have but been long away and I am out of touch”
Where have you been? Why won’t you share the deepness,
And darkness that lies down for rest in your heart?
The ones that are needy are taken in by those
Who appear kind.
But it is too factories and Asylums with them all.
And those who are still kind
Are meek and mild
And will not save those who have been
Wrongly judged.
I could see the Lady bring fear to her own mind.
For I but saw the same as she.
My lady among the lunatics.
Not given but rights to her own name,
But punished for that what she hath never done.
“I must run from this place.
For there is nowhere for me to keep safety.
I do not know whether I hath the will to even try anymore…”
I ran forth to her
Grabbing her up in my arms.
My lady! My love, why do you hurt me like this?
Hath I not a heart?
Hath I not the heart to break under thy words?
Is mine heart not worth to love you as I once did?
Have I not the kindness
The want
To keep you here
With me
Alive?
I sit atop this hill for fear of news of you.
Of thou’s death!
Have I not filled my heart with hate,
Hate of mine self for not saving you?
I have spent but years wishing for you to come
Back to me…
Regaining composure
I did flee to the empty fire place.
What hath I done?
I have made myself so naked with my feelings.
I cry like I cry every night.
Except, tonight
A small hand comes around to cradle mine cheek.
Turning my so slow
And hugging me so tight.
I felt
Not alone.
“Why would though not tell me this sooner?
Have I distance myself so much I have hurt you so?
Have I made myself that what you must hide from?
If so I am sorry.
I want nothing more than to speak with you and
Wipe thy tears.”
With silent motion
A cold hand comes forth to my face and calmly wipes to wipe
The crystal tears from my cheek.
You have become like a ghost to me.
A specter that hunts my dreams and tears my heart
For I know you are not there.
Will you stay with me?
She nodded and a chain of hate broke from my heart.
Come, remind me of who you are.
Tell me of your travels.
I have saved your side of the bed.
Will you sing to me again?
With all her nods I was once again loved
And loving one.
And softly we did fall in to a million nights of slumber.
Jolted awake by a force unknown.
I find myself again in the dark.
I felt around in the moonless night
To find I was indeed alone.
Hath the thing that kept me company instead given me insanity.
With instant tears and screams.
I want no more dreams
No more breath.
I felt for my knife
To protect me
Would be what ends me.
Raise the steal and force forward—
“No will thy leave me a Juliet?!”
With sudden gasp
I felt my heart jump.
Dear god I thought it was a dream.
You were too long a specter.
Do not leave me!
“I will not, My Love.”

No comments:

Post a Comment